The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have announced that the registration for Common Admission Test 2016 (CAT 2016) starts from 8th August 2016 and the exam will be conducted on December 4, 2016 in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon sessions). If you are planning for admission to post graduate Master in Business Administration (MBA) courses at IIM (Indian Institutions of Management), the CAT exam is mandatory entrance examination.
Convener of CAT 2016, IIM Banglore, Profession Rajendra K. Bandi has released the salient features important for CAT 2016 aspirants in Press on Sunday. The exam will be conducted in 138 cities across the country and candidates will have choice to select 4 test cities in order of preference. The process of assigning test cities and center will be start after the last date for CAT 2016 registration.
Candidates must have bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, PWD and DA categories). The candidates who have cleared all the years/semesters but the result of the final year have not been declared, are also eligible to apply.
- The Reservation for admission will be applied according to Government of India guidelines.
- For SC category: 15% seats
- For ST category: 7.5%
- For Non-Creamy Layer OBC (NC-OBC): 27%
- For DA Category: 3%
- Registration Process Starting Date: 08/08/2016
- Last Date of Registration: 22/09/2016
- Admit Card Download: 18/10/2016
- Online Tutorial, Sample paper: 18/10/2016
- Exam Date of CAT 2016: 04/12/2016
- Date of Result: Second Week of January, 2017
- General category candidates: Rs. 1,7000/-
- SC, ST and PWD categories candidates: Rs. 850/-
The exam will be conducted in 138 cities across the country and candidates will have choice to select 4 test cities in order of preference. The process of assigning test cities and center will be start after the last date for CAT 2016 registration.
Team CrazyClub wishes all the candidates “Best Of Luck”